Loose Curls for Short Hair- Tutorial

02:11 millennialscope 0 Comments

Loose Curls for Short Hair- Tutorial : 

How to Curl Loose Waves with a flat iron on short hair






This is my go-to hair on days when I don’t have time to wash and style my hair. I will also do it when I didn’t get my hair blow dried before it dried or if I took a shower and slept on wet hair. It always turns out a little different, but you can never go wrong with it. Here is a step-by-step photo tutorial for loose curls on short hair. 

supplies
Product/Supply List:
1. 1” Flat Iron- Mine is a Chi
2. Fine Tooth comb for back combing/ Hair clip
3. Dry Shampoo- Suave is shown, but I prefer Big Sexy Brand because it gives more volume.
4. Styling Spray- Matrix Sleek Look Iron Smoother works well when I straighten my hair and for this look.
5. Volumizing Hair Spray- Big Sexy Spray and Play Volumizing Hair Spray
6. Shine Spray- Redken Shine Flash 02
To Begin….
Since my hair is usually dirty or just very flat and slick when I start, I will spray in some dry shampoo. I prefer Big Sexy brand dry shampoo because it adds so much volume from the starts. Just beware not to overdose on the dry shampoo because it will determine how well your hair holds it’s curl later. 

Start with dry, dirty hair Apply dry shampoo

After applying dry shampoo backcomb your roots for some extra lift. I just comb two or three sections in the front and middle of my head on both sides of my part. I will also work on the crown of my head with maybe four sections. Then smooth the top layer with the comb and clip up 2/3 of your hair.

tease hairseperate hair into layers

Apply your styling spray to each layer prior to curling it starting with the bottom third of your hair. Brush it through with your fingers a little bit and start to section off about 1-1.5 inch pieces of hair starting closest to your face. 

Wrap the hair around the straightening iron being sure to curl it away from my face. Pull the curl through two thirds of the piece, leaving the bottom third basically straight. Pulling all the way through the curl will create too tight of a curled lock. 

Apply styling spray to layers curl hair away from the face

Work your way around front to back on both sides. Let down the second section of hair, apply the styling spray, and work your way around to the back again. At this point still curl all of the sections away from the face.

Because my hair is so short in the back, I just curl it under in the very back. 

curl half way continue curling 2

Let down the top layer of hair. Apply the spray and begin curling. Vary the sizes of hair pieces at this point. Be sure to only curl halfway or two thirds of the piece of hair. 

On this top layer curl several small sections of hair toward the face, although not the very front pieces or the very back ones. 

let down top layer and curl curl toward face

Once all of your hair is curled, use your fingers to carefully lift at the roots and apply volumizing hair spray all over your head. I will shake out my head after spraying so that it doesn’t dry too stiffly. Leave the flat iron plugged in so you can re-curl any trouble sections after spraying. The hairspray will help really set the touch-ups. 

Lightly apply a coat of shine spray to finish the look.

apply volumizing hair spray look for touch ups
And you are done!


headshot

Loose Waves for Short Hair




 enjoy :)

0 comments: